October 28, 2008

Tim Challies

I have added a new blog to our blog roll, Challies Dot Com. It is chock full of book reviews, most of them as good as the books that they are reviewing (if they are good books, anyway)! Someone had mentioned the book Christless Christianity to me and I found a review of it on his site. I am very much looking forward to getting the book but the review was an excellent preview of what I hope to be in the book.
He has reviews of a wide variety of books, to many to mention here. You can often find his reviews on Amazon.com and the comments can be encouraging and wildly critical at times. I was very amused by the comments that he got after writing a scathing review of the popular book, The Shack. You'd just have to hunt it down yourself but it was interesting and somewhat indicitive of the exact things Challies was trying to say about the book!

No comments: